You´ve probably had this happen to you. Like me, you´ve bought a slow cooker and don´t know what recipes to make with it. Well, you have no idea how many delicious dishes and desserts you can make with your new cooking gadget. My recommendation for today is this delicious lemon cheesecake, a sweet, elegant and tasty recipe. Perfect to serve with raspberries or strawberries.
- Cooking spray
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon essence or juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- Raspberries or strawberries, for garnish
- Fresh mint, if desired
- 4 to 6 honey cookies, cut into pieces, if desired
- Lightly grease a one-quart soufflé dish or ramekin with the cooking oil spray. Cut three large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil and fold each sheet into long strips. Arrange them so they overlap in the shape of a cross and place the soufflé dish in the center of the cross. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, flour and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until well blended. Add the sour cream and whisk again until smooth. Add eggs; mix again on low speed until blended. Lastly, include grated lemon rind.
- Pour mixture into prepared soufflé dish. Cover well with heavy duty aluminum foil. Pour lukewarm water into the slow cooker (3 1/2- to 5-quarts). Make sure the aluminum foil strips are overlapping, to be able to lift the dessert once it´s ready. Place in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook over high heat for 2 hours and 15 minutes, or until a skewer or knife comes out clean.
- Carefully lift the aluminum foil strips to remove dish from the pot. Throw out strips. Let it completely cool on a wire rack. Cover and put in refrigerator for 4 hours or, if you wish, refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve in dessert plates or glasses. Garnish with cookie crumbs, raspberries or strawberries and a mint leaf, if desired.