- 1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 cup refried beans (black or pinto)
- 8 oz thinly sliced baked ham
- 4 oz sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 5 tomato slices
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves
- 3 white onion slices
- 1 can (7 oz) pickled sliced jalapeño peppers, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake loaf as directed on can; cool 5 minutes. Carefully cut in half lengthwise.
- Spread 1/2 cup refried beans on cut side of each half. Place remaining ingredients on bottom half. Top with other half to make sandwich. To serve, cut into fourths.
- Tip: If desired, peel and cut 1 avocado into slices, and layer it in the sandwich.
1 Serving; Calories 410 ( Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 19g(Saturated Fat 28g, Trans Fat: 1/2g), Cholesterol 17mg, Sodium 62mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 21g, Sugars 6g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 25%, Iron 25%;* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.