Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. If you need gift ideas for this special occasion, you still have time to make this delicious sweet treat. You can make these cake pops or mini bites as you wish. And you can wrap them individually and give them away in little cellophane bags or use several to make an arrangement. You have many options - from dark, white or strawberry chocolate, morsels and heart-shaped chocolate chips to even nuts. They go well with an original little card or personalized stickers. Have fun!
- 1/2 cup lightly salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 11 oz chocolate chips (dark or white, and the best type to melt)
- Mini heart-shaped chocolate chips
- Styrofoam block
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine butter and sugar; slowly add the two eggs.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add it to the butter mixture until having a homogeneous paste.
- Pour cream into greased lollipop molds and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath over medium heat and, before you dip the cake pops, insert the little sticks no more than halfway into them. Then dip them in the chocolate chips.
- Let dry in a styrofoam block or a glass until the coating hardens.
- To garnish pops, you can use mini chocolate chips, toasted coconut, nuts, colored sugar or chunks of colored sweets.
- You should always insert the stick straight into the cake pop, halfway in.