Prize-Winning Recipe 2009! Try this easier cookie-mix take on a classic layered chocolate and vanilla bar.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped nut topping or chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Make cookie base: blend cookie mix, graham cracker crumbs, chopped nuts, coconut, butter and egg until well mixed. Spread cookie base into foil lined 13x9-inch pan; press lightly. Bake at 350° for 16 to 18 minutes. Cool completely.
- Stir together powdered sugar and pudding mix. Add 1/3 cup butter and the milk; beat until smooth (filling will be very thick). Spoon over cookie base; press evenly to cover. Refrigerate.
- Microwave chocolate chips and 1/4 cup butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Spread over chilled filling. Refrigerate uncovered until set. Use foil to lift bars from pan; pull foil from sides of bars.
1 Serving; Calories 270 ( Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 22g(Saturated Fat 41g, Trans Fat: 0g), Cholesterol 9mg, Sodium 6mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 26g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%;* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.