- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar, cornstarch and orange juice to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until syrup is slightly thickened and mixture is clear. Remove from heat; stir in orange segments. Keep warm.
- Heat waffle maker. (Waffle makers without a nonstick coating may need to be brushed with vegetable oil or sprayed with cooking spray.) In medium bowl, stir waffle ingredients with wire whisk or fork until blended.
- For each waffle, pour batter onto center of hot waffle iron. (Check manufacturer's directions for recommended amount of batter.) Close lid of waffle maker. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle.
- Serve waffles with syrup and topping.
1 Serving; Calories 460 ( Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 20g(Saturated Fat 34g, Trans Fat: 1 1/2g), Cholesterol 17mg, Sodium 24mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 49g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%;* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.